Wednesday 20 October 2010

Updates and paddleboards


This was also taken in Lerryn - I couldn't resist it.

Many thanks for all your kind thoughts from last week. I am glad to report that, first and foremost, the patient is up and about again, albeit a bit weak and wobbly, but much recovered.

Secondly, following your comments and those of other friends, I've written a letter of complaint to said doc about his highly unhelpful comments. As a physician I have no truck with him – it's just when he opened his mouth that time, and unfortunately the two tend to go together.

I have the utmost respect and compassion for anyone who is a carer and/or has a sick partner or member of the family. I really don't know how they keep going, long term, except that I suppose you do if you have to. I only did two weeks of it but that was more than enough. That sick terror in the base of my stomach, the long dark nights of fear, wondering what was going to happen – or rather, when. Whereas now I feel as if I've come out of a long tunnel and seen sunlight at the other end.

On a lighter note, work has come up with some very varied jobs. This afternoon I'm off to Truro cathedral to interview the head chorister, one of the student choristers and one of the lay vicars. Then next week I am interviewing an author of historical thrillers, and on Friday off to see a wildlife animal sanctuary. It won't make me rich but it's so varied and love meeting so many different people. And animals are an even better bonus.

Lastly, I saw the most wonderful sight this morning. Imagine - the sun dazzling as it rose above the sea when I walked Molls on the beach, and silhouetted against the bright sun was a boy and his dog on a paddleboard.

(I'm kicking myself I didn't have the camera but I'm sure you can imagine in.)

18 comments:

Morton S Gray said...

Who do you work for? It sounds great. Mx

Flowerpot said...

I'm freelance journalist, Morton - best way to be!

Akelamalu said...

I'm so glad to hear Himself is feeling better - I'll continue to send Reiki. You did right to complain to the doctor about what he said. It only takes one thing like that for a paitient to lose all trust in a doctor.

Your upcoming jobs sound really exciting - who's the author, are you allowed to tell?

I wish you had managed to get a photo of the boy and the dog on the paddleboard - I can imagine it would make a great shot.

Flowerpot said...

Thanks so much, Ak. I have to say I don't feel I have much faith in our docs after that. The author is Jamie Becker - know him? And yes I'm kicking myself for not taking teh camera. But we overslept and I was in a hurry - won't do that again!x

Lane Mathias said...

So glad Himself is feeling better. That was a worrying time.

And I can just imagine that sea scene. wonderful!

Flowerpot said...

Lane - it was incredible!

Colette McCormick said...

I hate it when that happens - or even worse - you remember the camera but the batteries are dead.

Amanda said...

Love the image of the boy and his dog. :-)

Glad Himself is feeling better.

Flowerpot said...

Colette - or in the 'older' days - when you'd forgotten to put a film in!

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Mandy - it was such a great image.

Anonymous said...

You do get to visit some lovely places. Glad the patient is feeling better and you're right, you have to just get on with it.

CJ xx

ADDY said...

I've been away and just updated myself on your news. So sorry hubby has been ill and hope he is much better now. Your doctr You must have been so worried.

Flowerpot said...

Thanks Addy - yes it was very worrying. His lungs still hurt and he's very tired but much better than he was thanks.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I never seem to have a camera when I most need it. I love this picture though, what a serene place it seems.

Glad to hear the patient is feeling much better.

Flowerpot said...

Debs - it was a really serene place. Sadly full mostly of second homes now which is probably why.

Flowerpot said...

CJ - this was a holiday shot and yes it is lovely!

Ellee Seymour said...

Well done you for penning that letter, it couldn't have been easy.

Flowerpot said...

Ellee - the nice thing was I got a really pleasant reply!