Friday 20 July 2012

One of those weeks - or Lo and Behold things can only get worse

This week I feel as if I’ve been permanently drunk, but without the fun bits. You know, head spinning, that floaty, weightless feeling – though that’s due to having spent a large part of the week on the loo (no further details necessary, I’m sure).

This has been One of Those Weeks, not helped by this tummy bug that has left me as weak as a wotnot. It came after a lot of stress at work, followed by a heartwrenching trip to see my poor mum last weekend. She is so frail, and so down, and so helpless and has just had another fall, leaving her with a black eye, bruised arm and hand and shattered confidence (not that she had much by this point). Leaving her was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do.

On the way home I rang one of my brothers whose phone was off. I rang one of my best mates and his phone was turned off too. I sat in the car park and wept onto the steering wheel: those big gulpy tears that hurt so much you can’t breathe. And then I looked at poor Moll, dried my eyes and drove home, was taken out that night and much cheered.

The next day I had some bad news on the work front that could actually turn out to be good news, and The Bug hit me that evening. Suddenly I lost all strength and had to lie on the sofa, shivering. And on it went.

But yesterday I actually managed to keep all food down and today – big excitement – I am planning a shower and changing my duvet, if energy allows. Can hardly wait. The most difficult bit has been organising a walks rota for poor Moll.

But the good news? I sold my first book….

And now excuse me while I crawl back into bed. Sorry this wasn't meant to be a Post of Gloom....

15 comments:

Dc said...

Sorry to hear about your mum, we have gone through that scenario with both DH's parents (now gone!) plus my dad but he was in the USA and we didn't talk much anyway. Not nice though when you are in the stages of needing to look after them as well as yourself. It can drag you down which is an awful but very truthful thing to say. Absolutely no-one who has not gone through it truly understands. Good news on the book front though. Onwards and upwards:-)

Morton S Gray said...

Hugs about the health and Mum. Whoo hoo about the book. Well done. What is it about? Hope things inprove soon. Mx

Chris Stovell said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. I do hope you haven't got what Tom had - norovirus - he lost a stone in a week. Here's wishing you a swift recovery - and better news about your poor mum.

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations on the book sale! Hoping you feel better soon FP. x

Pat Posner said...

Hope you'll soon feel completely better, Flowerpot! That bug is an awful one - hubby and I bot had it a few weeks ago. Floradix tonic (the original) is great once the tummy has settled.

Sorry about your mum, it's so hard when parents get ill.

Great news on the book though! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

Hugs
xxPat
Tim 'n' Ted send tail wags to Moll.

Rena George said...

Oh, Flowerpot, my heart goes out to you. You might feel you are in a dark place right now but we all know you will come shining through, just like you always do.
Be kind to yourself. Rena x

Flowerpot said...

Dc - no it#s not nice but it helps to have siblings to share the load. Yes good news on the book and the sun is shining!

Flowerpot said...

Rena - yes I will come through as teh sun has finally tnank god!

Flowerpot said...

Pat - I was feeling particularly down when I wrote that post so apologies to all. Feeling much better now adn lurgy improving too - andnjust heard about another possible holiday in Coverack so much cheered!

Flowerpot said...

Ak 0- yes improving thanks. Sun helps so much x

Flowerpot said...

Chris - no it's not what Tom had thankfully and I am truly on the mend. Mum sounds perkier too just spoken to her.

Flowerpot said...

Morton - it's a book on Cornish walks!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell and that things are not going so well with your mum. I hope it all improves very soon.

I've also had one of those horrendous weeks. Son flipped his car and wrote it off, thankfully he was ok. Dad isn't well, work has been horribly busy and my throat is so sore. Hopefully next week will be better. x

Flowerpot said...

Oh Debs you poor thing - let's hope next week is marvellous and you feel much better soon. At least the suns come out thank god! x

Anonymous said...

Oooh, you poor thing, you've had it tough recently. But such good news on the book front that can only mean the path to success!

Get better soon,
CJ x